Step by Step: How to Use Count in excel 2003, 2007 & 2010 for counting numeric or number cells
Count numbers excel cells: What is Count function? Excel Count, counts data rows where cells contain digit or numeric cells in the column on which this formula is applied. In other words Count is used to count cells in excel that have values and those values are numeric or have digits only. If you wish to count items available in store with blank cell instead of amounts it will count those items.
Step 1 for counting Number cells in Excel:
(a) Sort your data
(b) Formulate your tables: these may be on the same table or on a different worksheet or even different workbooks.
(c) For the sake of example we have created two Tables.
(d) Table from where data is to be retrieved:
(e) Table where data is to be fetched/desired.
Step 2 to Count Numeric Excel cells:
Ensure spellings for search values are the same in both the tables.
Step 3 for doing calculation of numeric cells:
Make sure there is no extra space.
Step 4 to count number cells in MS Excel:
Final Formula: Let us have a look at the final formula in MS Excel to count number cells
Result:MS excel counting excel number cells
Advantages of using Count Numbers formula:
1. You may copy and paste Count formula anywhere within the same sheet or even workbook for counting numeric or digit values in any column of any worksheet.
2. A really swift and smooth process for finding and counting of blank entries across the sheets and workbooks with ease and perfection.
Read More to Count numbers excel cells
- Vlookup and Wildcards partial text match
- Data Validation drop down list
- Left, Right, Mid function
- Upper, Lower Len, Pivot function
- Transpose convert columns to rows
- Short Cut Keys MS Excel
- IF AND Nested If Function
- IF OR combined Function
- Sumif MS Excel How To
- Using Sumifs Function
- Excel Countif Function
- Excel Countifs Function
- Count Blank Cells
- Count Text Cells
- Count numbers Cells
- Using concatenate to combine data